HealthPartners is committed to training practice-ready clinicians to ensure delivery of high-quality patient care and address the healthcare needs of the future. A unifying Core Curriculum was developed that each training program will incorporate into their program curriculum. The core curriculum ensures all fellows demonstrate essential HealthPartners Practice-Ready Competencies:
- Communication Skills: Utilizes active listening techniques with awareness of nonverbal communication.
- Patient-Centered: In partnership, provides patient and family-centered care and experience.
- Builds Trust: Develops a connection with patients built on trust, through humility and awareness of culture.
- Teamwork: Works effectively in teams where all members have an equal voice and a clear role.
- Resiliency: Practices self-care and reflection to remain healthy, adaptable and to avoid burnout.
- Stewardship: Considers healthcare cost impact on the patient and the health system.
- Quality Improvement: Clinicians are leaders in practice-based learning dedicated to improving the quality of the system.
All HealthPartners APC Fellows will participate in core didactics. These didactics may be completed as a group or by specialty. Efforts will be made to communicate existing opportunities for all fellows to participate.
- HealthPartners Culture
- Quality Improvement
- Business and Healthcare
- Social determinants of health
- Team-based and interprofessional relationships
- Motivational interviewing